Features : Nike Air VaporMax Plus Neon
RETRO STYLE. REVOLUTIONARY COMFORT
The Nike Air VaporMax Plus takes inspiration from the past to propel you into the future. This new version pays homage to the ultra-technical Air Max Plus from 1998 with a floating cage, an upper with integrated cushioning and a logo on the heel. The revolutionary VaporMax Air technology brings a touch of modernity that places this model in today's world.
- VaporMax Air technology provides ultra-light cushioning.
- Floating cage enveloping the foot, inspired by the original 1998 model.
- Fabric with integrated cushioning and synthetic material for optimal durability.
- Rubber reinforcements for added durability in high-wear areas
VaporMax: At the origin of the design
- Designed in Europe
- The Air VaporMax ushers in a new era of Nike innovation. The designers started by restructuring the Air unit to connect it directly to the upper. “It was the biggest challenge,” says Tom Minami, senior shoe designer, “but it was worth it. “Without a midsole or sockliner, you rediscover the sensations of Air cushioning. » In previous Air Max models, the goal was to place as many Air units as possible in the sole, but the VaporMax focuses on a more efficient use of the technology. “When you put your foot down, each nub digs into the Air unit, increasing the pressure,” explains Zachary Elder. “When you lift your foot, pressure is released, creating even more dynamic cushioning.” After seven years of working on this shoe, Zachary Elder and Tom Minami are eager to see what the future holds. “I’m super proud of the product,” admits Zachary Elder. “This new approach represents a real turning point for Air technology, and also for Nike. »